Letter to Ebunoluwa (2)


Dear Ebun,


I didn’t forget to write to you, there's just been a lot going on lately and I have been very busy, but never too busy for you.
So while I write my resignation/appreciation letter, I'll tell you all about my new year, precisely about my cross-over night.
2018 eventually ended, and I have not seen you since that time at the lounge.


I went to church like every other Christian and non-Christian out there, but before then I had to go to work on the 31st, then see a friend and also attend a little end of the year party thrown by Jide. I eventually got to church around 7 since I had to rehearse for a drama and we went on stage few minutes to 11, and presented a wonderful play. Which i would write about to you in a few days. The service was wonderful, and so much fun, I heard awesome testimonies and overall it was a lovely and lit-up night. The Pastor began his sermon, and we all listened with keen interest to the tick-tock of the clock as it was about to hit midnight, I'm really not sure about what the Pastor was on about and the topics he preached on, but I remember vividly that the moment it hit 12, fireworks went crazy and we basically were just listening and looking out the windows at the display of fireworks from all directions and for a new year theme to be unveiled so we could all make crazy ass resolutions and cut people off while vibing to the new theme. Then we prayed for the New Year, got anointed, and that was when we burst into music and danced, ooh my I danced with so much gratitude and excitement till 1 thereabout.

So me and Jide went to my dad's house after church, and met everyone at home (full house), we popped open bottles of wine and cheered to the new year while making wishes. My only wish is to be happy and do stuffs that make me happy. After the prayers and byes, me and Jide went to pick up Uche, and we hit the club.
As we was on our way, Mike calls and we stop by at Mikes, But Mike is with Jane and Susan. Now Jane really likes me, but i could not risk taking Jane to the club and bumping into you, since I really do not know when next I’ll run into you and I really was not in a lovey dovey mood and sorts, More so I do not want running into you turn out to be the second coming and I'll be unprepared, so I give Mike the cut her loose and hit the club sign. While Me, Jide and Uche drive back out.

When we arrived at the Club, Mike arrives just in time with Susan, so we go in, and it is really a New Year as banging music and loose bodies sway everywhere from downstairs to top floor.
Every street, clubhouse, lounge had a party going on, and the crowd was really crazy. We did see some of our guys we left at church and we exchanged HI’s while we moved to the rooftop.

We ordered drinks to cheer to the New Year, Uche had just Best Cream, and for some strange reason, Susan ordered just water, we even tried to get her to take Smirnoff, but she just wasn’t having any of it.
The boys stuck with Vodka, and we talked, laughed and just drank to the New Year.
In the midst of the jibs, tantrums and laughs, Susan was clearly distant and seemed like she needed to be somewhere else, Mike really had no idea what was on with her, and so Uche took her to the ladies.
When they came back, she ordered a bottle of Smirnoff, while i went away with Mike to try figure out what was wrong. Well, Mike still had no idea, Mike says she's always kept to herself.

When we return, Uche is dancing and I go dance with Uche, (Ebun please never suggest we break a tie with dancing cos I am really bad at dancing. I can’t dance to save anyone’s life). So me is standing behind Uche and watching her drop her seductive moves with her waist while I just church my steps yunno left-right left-right.
We dance and she tells me Deola has always been so reserved, she just had to tell her to catch some fun, since it’s a new year and everyone seems to be happy. And I’m like who is Deola, and she's nudging her head towards Susan. I'm surprised Susan is also Deola.

So when we return to sit, I turn to Susan and I’m like hey Suz, I had no idea you were also Deola, and she's like yes I’m also Deola.
So I say to her; I have some Yoruba magic up my sleeves, and she dares me to drop them and yo all my years in Lagos back then sums up to this moment; my Yoruba was impeccable... She's jaw-wide surprised, and I’m all smiles, she responds in some lit Yoruba and I decide to figure out what’s wrong, and she says, she was not really ready to party tonight. And I apologize on behalf of everyone in my foreign Yoruba accent and we order her a Best whisky and everyone is wondering what magic just happened.
And I laughed as I grabbed my drink and walked to the balcony to let in a lot of thoughts and fresh air and watch as people party outside.
Few minutes later, Deola is next to me by the balcony and she's like I don’t look Yoruba to her, why do I have such great command of the dialect, so I dissect my family tree to her, which is impressive. (Ebun, I’m waiting to impress you with my wonderful Yoruba and my amazing family tree).
We get talking, and it turns out Deola is such a funny, naughty and interesting lady with so much to tell, so much vibes, so much jokes, so much moves on her large bosom, she even wanted to dance with me but I had to strike a deal to get off, so why does she keep all that in? I never can tell. This should be way past 3 already, moments after 4, Mike and the others walk to the balcony and I go; Guys, this lady right here is a scam...while Deola laughs away in uncontrollable laughter, i could see the puzzled look on everyone’s face as Mike walks up to his babygirl.

We never did conclude our conversation, before we all left the club at after 6, before I dropped Uche home and Jide back to his parked car in Church. I decided not to share contacts with Deola simply because Mike remains my buddy no matter what, it’s best not to tempt the devil. But the highlight of the night was Deola, and how she could bottle so much excitement in.
A lot of the stuff she told me should really not be told to anyone else, since it's not my secret (or conversation) to tell. I wish she'll share more of those stuffs with Mike, he's a cool guy.

Anyways, I’m not so bothered, I’ve always had my way with words when it came to it.

And I’m done with my resignation letter Ebun, you should come have a look.

Till I bump into you again, bye Ebun….


Comments

  1. Interesting. Fiction or real? You write well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's infact Fiction.. Thanks for the compliment.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

S.I.O REVIEW

CHRISTMAS IS COMING