Game of Numbers

I am a Number between 1 and 10
Take a lucky Guess!!!

I couldn’t have been a 9
That would have been way too easy to guess
Neither am I a two
Cos it’s just I in the picture
And I am not a pair
Overall 2 would still be way easy

If you think I'm an 8
Then I'll be so excited with near perfection
And being an hourglass
But I hate that I’m not
And I hate to think about that
So I'll stick to talking about numbers
I'm not an 8

Three is a crowd
Death can't kill a crowd
And all men must die
Queens wear crowns
Queens die and I want a crown
So it’s not a 3,
I'm giving you that easily
PS: I'm not a fan of trees
That’s why I burn them as I write this

7 perfect number
Wish I was perfect
But I know I’m not
Whose idea was it to relate 7 to perfection?
For perfect could have been 4
And 4 for perfection
Four legs stand a chair
Four legs stand a table
Four legs run faster than 2
And I bet 4 eyes should see better than 2
7's and 4's
I'm seeing 7's in 4 places
And 4's in 7 places
It's like I'm falling from the clouds as I write this
I guess the trees I burnt are back to haunt me

I hope I've not clouded your judgement
You're still the one to pick
We're at Midpoint
6 or 5?
5 or 6?
Funny how numbers sound a lot like friends
And we had to choose between friends
You or Me?
He or She?
We or Them?
Maybe we could just pick 56
But then how would 65 feel?
Either ways, they don’t fit in 1-10.
I guess the reasons choices are hard
Are because they are choices

So 1-10, pick a number..
And tell me why...

-It's all still first person narratives...
Tobi Bamidele

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

S.I.O REVIEW

CHRISTMAS IS COMING