PEACE: Something the World needs right now.


PEACE



A POEM WRITTEN BY SIR EZELE(GG) 
(follow on twitter @sir_ezele and IG:@sir_ezele)

Is it too much to ask?
How much does it cost?
What price do we have to pay?
How many lives have to be sacrificed?
How many generations have to be lost?

Would we become less relevant if we speak up for truth?
Would it hurt so much to cry out for the girl child who is suffering?
Would we bleed if we help a child who falls off his bike back to feet once more?
Would we lose honor if we treat the woman with the same equality as the man?
Would it hurt so much to smile to the man passing by, and expect to get a return smile?
Would it cost us so much to do something worthwhile to reduce the level of poverty in our own little area?
Would we face death helping an illiterate man next door learn his A, B, C’s just because of his poor background?

I feel so afraid when I see neighbors laugh together at noon, and at night when tragedy strikes, we scuttle and forget the welfare of the other. What would it cost to dial the emergency line?
I shake my head when I see students smilingly cheating in exam halls and wonder what the future holds for us.
I get angry when I pass by accident scenes and I see people standing with crossed arms, shaking heads and watch their fellow humans suffer in pain in a burning vehicle. What would it cost to help out?
I bleed within when I hear stories of rape and wonder how a fellow brother would bear to see his sister suffer under his arms just because they are not related and he cannot control his urges.
I go mute when I see elders we are meant to look up to behave in ways we never could have imagined they could.
I laugh with pain when I see leaders in our country throw hurtful words at themselves, threats,
Chairs, and wonder what it would cost to assist your opponent even if you did not win. Perhaps we are citizens of different countries right?

Who Says One Man Cannot Change The World? Quit Waiting For A Man You Do Not Know, Be A One Man Yourself. Be The One Man To Change Your Own Little Zone, Be The One Man To Change Your Family’s Mindset, Be A One Man For Something. Let One MEN Or Women Change The World.


How lovely would it be travelling fron north to south, east to west and knowing that when I get there, I wouldn’t be seen as a stranger, but as a brother from another mother.
How happy would be all be when we are sure that our kids are safe with neighbors, friends, even when they don’t seem to be closeby.
How beautiful would it be if with every sharp sudden sound we hear, we don’t think of danger, rather it’s a fruit falling on our rooftop.
How cool would it be to say with pride “THE POLICE IS OUR FRIEND”
How wonderful would it be if nobody addresses another with hate.


IS IT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR PEACE?


I see a lot of kids who have lost parents to conflict cry for it.
I see a lot of widows who lost everything to war mourn for it.
I see a lot of fathers who know its worth join the army and fight for it.
I see the numerous innocent blood that have been shed cry out frm the ground for it.
I see a lot of people yearn everyday for it.

But even through the hours that seem very dark,
I can feel the dawn nearby.
I see tiny patches of hope,
Tiny rays of light scattered around with the same goal,
The world is YOURS and MINE,
Let’s join hands, let’s find ourselves, connect and together with one voice scream peace to the nations, peace to the people, peace to the governments, because we know that we do not have another Earth.
Yes we can achieve it,
And as a great man said YES WE CAN,
I say YES WE CAN.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

S.I.O REVIEW

CHRISTMAS IS COMING