EXQUISITE SET (BOWEN UNIVERSITY CLASS OF 2015)



Sometime back, about a year ago. Bowen University graduated her class of 2015, "EXQUISITE SET"
By all indications, everyone was very happy and looked forward to convocation day when we could all say "YES, finally we are free" (It felt like a 4-year jail sentence, every school does that to you).
I stumbled upon a piece i did for the graduands (myself inclusive), and thought i should just share it after the time being (of course,it is an original piece of mine).

IT GOES THUS


Slowly as the days pass by it dawned
We had come a long way from where we all began
The things we went through
The moments we were on top of our game
 Times we all seemed to have lost our aim

And the pains far exceeded the gains
Though we were going to better places
I wished times after times that we could repeat the years and phases
But not under the same conditions
And the rules and regulations

We lost many we started with
But how does a precious gem get bent to fit into a ring
If it doesn’t pass through the heat
And is broken under the welders skillful beat
Though we can never repeat those times

But the memory lives on in our minds
We reminisce with smiles
And when we all meet again on different heights
We’ll all be better than we ever were
I trust you’ll be okay, cos I’ll be okay tonight

Till we meet again in life

I'm signing off with pride.

Sir_Ezele.

Comments

  1. Well we still not okay... Maybe tomorrow... Soon I hope

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

S.I.O REVIEW

CHRISTMAS IS COMING